02/04/2007

I Want Cheesecake

Fortunately I have some in my fridge. So that's alright, then. Instant gratification. Reward for doing the work I should have done at the weekend. It would be more appropriate if it was a day out of date, of course, but I'm sure I'll find some way to balance that out.

I seem to be interviewing people again, suddenly. I hate the loathsome charade of the sorry nonsense (and I know it's more my fault than that of my interviewees, and more the fault of the nasty big PR machine than mine, etc) but it's money. In this case the freelance rates have actually gone up, which is approximate to inflation going down i.e. fookin unlikely. I will get £36 more for what I just did than for my dalliance with That Rock Band. Which works out at... 16p more per word, if I know my maths, and I really absolutely don't and never have done. Anyway, it's more, and I'll enjoy it until the next budget meeting which concludes that all the staff must work 23 hour days for the same money, and all freelancers must be banished to the wilds of Tibet.

I'm on the point of losing a gig that replaced another lost gig, and I have never been more with the sunshine and the hay thing, at least in theory. Something that should be applied to all areas of life. While one is young. Sigh.

On a fairly not unrelated note, The Friday Thing is dead, gently smothered by time and can-no-longer-be-arsedness. You can't afford to get sentimental about these things, of course, but then I'm not sure you can afford not to. A bit. Just as a buffer.

I really need to do some more blagging. No, blAgging. Blogging Can Wait.

I went to a Motown/Northern Soul club in Walthamstow on Saturday night. People clapped after some of the songs. It was lovely. I am going to enjoy getting old, to the point at which I rather wish I'd hurry up and do it, because wasting my youth in the non-approved non-rebellious fashion is making me a bit uncomfortable.

Actually that's crap, I'm not doing a bad job. I just need to be doing it in shorter skirts. Skirts of any sort would be a start. But why do women wear them? They're like really rubbish trousers, that's what they are.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Roszs said...

*applauds blupdate*

6:05 pm  
Blogger simson12 said...

hola! me encantan tus trabajos, son muy finos y bonitos. Y me gusta especialmente el cuadro grande de Beatrix Potter. Mi amiga va a tener un bebé y me encantaría hacerlo para regalarselo. Podrías mandarme el esquema? mi mail es lerk73@hotmail.com.

olive pastechiropractor Sydney

6:45 am  
Blogger thrillpier said...

The minimum recommended safety factor, based on the average
of the test results, is 4 for anchorage components. If the range of test values exceeds the average by
more than ±20 percent, then the safety factor should be applied to the lower bound value. (See Appendix
to ASTM C1242 for a discussion on safety factors.)
business it supporthotels in jaipur

1:44 pm  
Blogger aloalo said...

Narayan became a concert solo artist in 1956, and later gave up accompaniment. He recorded solo albums and began to tour America and Europe in the 1960s. Narayan taught Indian and foreign students and performed, frequently outside of India, into the 2000s. He was awarded India's second highest civilian honor, the Padma Vibhushan, in 2005
rolex daytona replica watch

meet friends

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home